Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Christmas....finally!

This has been the craziest end to a year that I can ever remember. Thanksgiving was here before I turned around and then December marched right on in. My parents do a Christmas Open House each December for the members at church and the community. This one was busier since we had moved back in the house after the remodel in June. Things did not fit in the same place due to a change in the layout of the house and that threw Mom. Having two grandkids living with her also helped add to a slower prep time than normal. Everything went well and we had a great turnout although it was one of the first times it had rained in a long time that night.

With the open house behind us, we had 10 days till Christmas. Although most of my shopping was done, there are still so many things to be done. Wrapping the gifts, planning when you will be with everyone and trying to get a trip to see Santa in. Micah cried so much but the pictures were wonderful. Good job Christy! Eli was timed at first but warmed enough to have a great picture made. Again, good job Christy!

Christmas was good but so busy, I dont really remember the day. Which I hate some since it was Micah's first. Have lots of pictures though. Which I will try to post this week. No promise. Santa brought Eli a guitar. He loves it. He was so fun opening gifts. He was in no hurry. In fact that morning when I went in to wake him he told me "No, I sleep longer and open later." Each gift was opened, he waited for it to be taken out of the box and then played about 5-10 mins with each before he would open the next. At 6pm, he was still opening gifts from the morning. Micah was more interested in what Eli got than opening his gifts. Next year will be different.

I have lots more to share but more to do in the house before bed time. Hopefully now that the holidays are over I will be able to type more.

1 comment:

Leah said...

SO glad you're back!! Sounds like the holidays were good! Hayes got a guitar too!!